i’d listen to you on repeat
until my heart beat to your rhythm
and silence was a foreign tongue
- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey
Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night
and wouldn’t you love to love her?
Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
and who will be her lover?…
Depression’s got a hold of me
Depression, I gotta break free
Depression’s got a hold on me
Depression’s gonna kill me
Everybody just get away
I’m gonna boil over inside today
They say things are gonna get better
All I know is they fuckin’ better